"Ways to Use AFA Programs ... for AFA States & Chapters"
Click Here to receive a downloadable Pitsenbarger Award Application
Air Force Association (AFA) Pitsenbarger Awards provide a one-time grant of $400 to selected top USAF enlisted personnel graduating from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) who plan to pursue a baccalaureate degree. The grants coincide with the CCAF graduation ceremonies held each Spring and Fall.
Students wishing to apply should contact their base education office to learn about application deadlines and procedures.
- Proof of current enrollment or intent to enroll in an accredited program leading to a baccalaureate degree must be submitted with the application.
- Citations and awards representing distinguished activity should be submitted with application.
- A narrative statement describing your extracurricular activities and explaining their significance must be submitted with application. Emphasize those activities that indicate leadership, citizenship, teamwork, community service, personal development and dedication. Also discuss other distinguishing activities and academic accomplishments. The narrative should also include undergraduate plans (e.g., school, field of study, future goals).
- Commanderís endorsement must also be submitted with the application.
- A check in the amount of $400 is sent to the Education Service Office (ESO) for presentation.
- A certificate is sent with the check. It recognizes the recipient as an AFA Pitsenbarger Award recipient.
- Selection is determined at the ESO by a committee of individuals appointed by the base education officer.
- The committee considers job performance, scholastic achievement, education goals and leadership qualities. Need is not a principle criterion.
Click here to view the Pitsenbarger Award Winners.